Semi Permanent brows create perfect, symmetrical looking eyebrows, without the need to use pencil them on every. Perfect if you have uneven eyebrows to start with, no hair whatsoever or have great eyebrows but don’t want to pencil them on. This is done by using a digital machine and disposable tiny needle attached implanting pigment into skin to create realistic looking hair strokes where you have lost or faded hair. The first session will look great however a second top up session is needed too make them last. They last up too 7 years however this is fading too nothing, a top up colour boost session is advised around every 9-12 months too keep them looking fresh and too maintain them, depending on your skin type.
What should I expect from the procedure?
When you arrive at the clinic you will be first greeted by your practitioner and receive a consultation form to fill out. You will then have a verbal consultation discussing your expectations and outcomes of the treatment, all your medical history and after care. On the day of the procedure we do a full consultation, discussing colour and shape too make sure they are exactly how you want them. We apply a topical numbing cream throughout the treatment, most clients I have end up being that relaxed they end up falling asleep! A patch is optional because the pigment used is made up of zinc and iron oxide found naturally within our skin. Although a reaction can still be possible it is unlikely. If you choose to go ahead with treatment you would waiver your option to do so.
How long should I expect Semi-permanent eyebrows to last ?
Your brows should normally last between 6-12months depending on your skin type, an oily skin type can last 6-9 months whereas a more dry skin type can last 9-12 months.This totally depends on how fast your metabolism is and your lifestyle choices, I.e sun use, smoking, alcohol consumption, exercise and medication.
Will I have any adverse side effects?
Normal side effects consist of swelling. This is completely normal and varies on different clients.
Is there any reason I could not have semi-permanent brows?
The following would prevent you from having this treatment:
- breast feeding
- suffer from anaphylaxis shock
- must be above 18 years
- taking skin thinning medication (roacutane)
- cold sores/cold/flu symptoms must rearrange appointment
- 2 weeks before or after any sunny holidays
- those undergoing treatments (please forward details)
- those with reactions to topical numbing cream
What aftercare should I follow?
It is vital that you follow the aftercare precisely to achieve the best results possible from your treatment- if you do not follow this aftercare the treatment may not heal as desired.
During the first 4 weeks after receiving the treatment of semi-permanent eyebrows an important healing process occurs. In dimples terms, the skin treats the hairstrokes as if they are a wound (as the skin has been broken), just as it does when you cut yourself, for example. New layers of skin will form over the hairstrokes in order to heal the broken skin underneath.
The hairstrokes will diss to the surface and appear a little darker at first whilst this process is happening. Although, most of the colour will have been absorbed by the skin, lying underneath the newly formed layers of skin. This in turn, can make the hairstrokes feel extremely faded once the top layer has ‘flaked’ off. Do not panic, this is totally normal. During the remaining weeks, up until the 4 week point, the colour will begin to resurface as each layer of skin heals in turn.
You will not get the full effect of the first treatment until the whole healing process has finished. Here is a photo of eyebrows (client has no natural hair) healing at different stages after the treatment:
- Stay out of the sun/sun beds for at least 14 days after your treatment- and even after the 14 days, it is highly recommended you cover your face when exposed to sun rays/UV rays or use a high factor sun block (50+). When using the sun beds it is recommended that you completely cover your brow area. If you do not, the treatment will fade at a much faster rate and more regular touch ups will be required.
- NO sweating for 14 days after your treatment- sweat produces high amounts of salt, which is used in the removal of pigment from the skin, therefore no gym/sauna/steam rooms ect for at least 14 days.
- NO picking, scratching or itching of the treated area for 14 days.
- NO facials or products to touch the treated area for 14 days after your treatment- it is then recommended you don’t have any form of facials touch your eyebrows after having this treatment done, as the skin will be shedding more than it naturally does, and so the area will fade at a much faded rate. Exfoliation of the brow area, again, will result in the treatment fading at a much faster rate than normal and will require more regular touch ups.
- Apply the grape-seed oil which I have provided you with, on days 4-14 after your treatment, once a day, preferably morning time. Take one of the cotton buds I have provided you with, and dip the bud slightly into the oil, not the whole bud, just the tip. Then gently dab it over one eyebrow, ensuring the whole eyebrow is covered. Then then the bus over and repeat on the other side. DO NOT ‘rub’ the bud over each eyebrow, only gently ‘dab’ it, ensuring you aren’t pulling any of the hairstrokes off before they are ready to fall off naturally.
- NO water is to directly touch the treated area for 14 days after your treatment. Please try your very best to keep the area dry (visit hairdressers/wash hair over bath if possible ect to keep the area dry). If you do get them wet, gently pat them dry with a towel. No rubbing.
- A touch up treatment should have been booked on the day of your treatment, this is for any alterations or gaps that may need filling in once healed. If you did not make this appointment please contact us ASAP to arrange.
- Please remember, everyone’s skin is different, therefore everyone will experience different healed results. For example, oily skin does not hold the hairstrokes as clearly as other skin types may, due to the pigment dispersing more due to the oil. Have a look at my social media for images of healed results, every client gets the same treatment, i.e. Needle brand, pigment brand, appointment length ect so the healed results are due to following the aftercare, and your skin type.