Profhilo is an injectable skin remodelling treatment containing one of the highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid (HA) on the market, to treat skin that is losing its elasticity and firmness with age. It can be used on mid to lower face for skin rejuvenation, neck, decollete, arms, hands, knees or any part of the body where the skin shows visible signs of ageing. Once injected into the skin, Profhilo disperses into the skin and stays within the skin for 28 days. During this time the stimulation of four different types of collagen and elastin takes place by slow release of HA. This results in firmer, tighter and rejuvinated skin. The full treatment consists of two sessions, one month apart. A further session may be recommended after six months in order to prolong the effect.
What is a Sunekos treatment?
Sunekos is a new injectable treatment containing a patented formula of amino acids and hyaluronic acid. It rejuvinates the Extra Celluar Matrix (ECM) by stimulating the fibroblasts in the skin to produce a complete of collagen and elastin. This can be used anywhere on the face including the undereye area or the forhead also decolletage and hands. Sunekos regenerates the skin from the inside out and improves skin quality. This leads to a reduction of wrinkles, crepiness, volume loss and laxity. This is advised to be treated during a four part treatment plan, each session is seven to ten days apart.
What should I expect from the procedure?
When you arrive at the clinic you will be first greeted by your practitioner and receive a consultation form to fill out. You will then have a verbal consultation discussing your expectations and outcomes of the treatment, all your medical history and after care. Only the after this will the treatment go ahead. The Profhilo and Sunekos treatments usually take between fifteenth to thirty minutes and are usually a comfortable treatment.
How long should I expect the treatments to last ?
Profhilo and Sunekos can last up to twelve months depending on the client treated. Maintenance treatments are recommended every six to twelve months.
Will I have any adverse side effects?
Normal adverse effects consist of swelling and bruising. This is completely normal and varies on different clients. Both usually subside within 72 hours however can take up to a full week.
Is there any reason I could not have a Profhilo or Sunekos treatment ?
The following would prevent you from having this treatment:
- breast feeding
- suffer from anaphylaxis shock
- must be above 18 years
- taking skin thinning medication (roacutane)
- cold sores/cold/flu symptoms must rearrange appointment
- those undergoing treatments (please forward details)
- those with reactions to topical numbing cream
What aftercare should I follow?
- immediately after the treatment we advise no concealers or makeup to be used directly on the jaw area to prevent any infections
- do not consume any excessive alcohol for 24 hours after the procedure
- do not do any excessive exercise for 24 hours after the procedure
- do not have any facial massages, facials or excessive pressure to the areas treated for 1 week after the procedure. This should include avoiding scuba diving or wearing tight fitting motorbike helmets.
- if you get any bruising or swelling do apply ice and arnica cream
- if you do bruise easily you can take arnica tablets 1 day before the procedure and for 5 days after
- if you are prone to cold sores around the mouth, ask your gp to prescribe Zovirax tablets for you to be taken just before and for a few days after the procedure
- we will massage the areas treated thoroughly straight after the treatment but you can do some gentle massage at home over a genital cloth a few days later once you are not sore
- try to avoid sunbeds and saunas for 3-4 days after the procedure