The Diode 808 Laser is the most effective for permanent hair removal and is suitable on all pigmented hair and skin types. The technology behind the Diode 808 laser ensures the skin absorbs less laser, by using selective light absorption. The light energy is taken up by the hair follicle and converted to heat energy, and minimal energy is transferred to the skin. This heats the hair and its DNA, while reducing oxygen organization around hair follicle – reducing the chance of hair regrowth. Special cooling technology is applied simultaneously during treatment to cool the skin and protect skin. The laser permanently reduces hair on all skin types, including very fair skin and olive or African-American skin. Treatments are most effective on medium to dark hair on any skin type.
What should I expect from the procedure?
When you arrive at the clinic you will be first greeted by your practitioner and receive a consultation form to fill out. You will then have a verbal consultation discussing your expectations and outcomes of the treatment, all your medical history and after care. A patch test will be carried out to ensure the laser is suitable for you. Providing your patch test is negative, treatment can commence two weeks later.
How long should I expect Laser Hair Removal Treatment to last ?
We advise a minimum of 6 sessions depending on your skin colour and hair colour, this will determine how successful the treatment can be. Typically a darker hair will have a more successful result. This totally depends on how fast your metabolism is and your lifestyle choices, I.e sun use, smoking, alcohol consumption, exercise and medication.
Will I have any adverse side effects?
Normal side effects consist of redness and warmth to the skin on the treated area. This is completely normal and varies on different clients.
Is there any reason I could not have Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
The following would prevent you from having this treatment:
- breast feeding
- must be above 18 years
- taking skin thinning medication (roacutane)
- flu symptoms must rearrange appointment
- 2 weeks before or after any sunny holidays
- those undergoing treatments (please forward details)
What aftercare should I follow?
- Stay out of the sun/sun beds for at least 14 days after your treatment- and even after the 14 days, it is highly recommended you cover the area treated with laser when exposed to sun rays/UV rays or use a high factor sun block (50+). When using the sun beds it is recommended that you completely cover the area treated.
- No fake tan must be used two weeks prior to treatment.
- No waxing, plucking, threading or any method that involves removing hair by the root is acceptable throughout the treatment however, shaving is acceptable.